In this week’s episode, we have a very special guest, Katie Benza a real estate agent at Keller Williams Realty, Inc. She truly believes that sincerity, good communication, problem-solving skills, building relationships, and listening are essential...
In this week’s episode, we have a very special guest, Katie Benza a real estate agent at Keller Williams Realty, Inc. She truly believes that sincerity, good communication, problem-solving skills, building relationships, and listening are essential to this profession. She has a strong background in residential sales, bank-owned properties, relocation, investor opportunities, and rental properties. Before becoming a real estate agent, she was a Special Education teacher with a Master’s in Curriculum and Leadership.
If you’d like to know how Katie went from being an educator to a top-producing real estate agent, this episode is for you!
[00:01 - 10:14] Opening Segment
- Katie shares a little bit of her background and story
- Growing up in Cincinnati
- Moving to Florida
- Going from teaching to real estate
- Thinking about quitting real estate
- Being afraid of rejection and phone calls
[10:15 - 31:35] Katie’s first insights about real estate
- Katie talks about the most important of working in a team
- Goal setting
- Achieve a certain number by the end of the year
- Katie's experience getting into the real estate business
- Starting doing calls
- Gaining confidence
- Following up and building a relationship with customers
- The role of education for agents
- Educational training
- Practicing and hearing from other people
- Shadowing: Watching someone in action
- What Katie should’ve done differently
- Interviewing brokerages and asking them how they’re going to help her as a new agent
[31:36 - 50:20] Katie Benza: Educator to Top Producing Real Estate Agent
- Katie's go-to person
- Her driving force is her husband
- He’s grown in the industry, and she asked for advice, especially on contracts.
- The area where Katie needs the most improvement on
- Delegating tasks to other people
- She would like to do everything on her own
- Not having a good balance between her job and personal life
- What Katie would say to a new agent
- Having a loyalty agreement
- Always pick up the phone
- Following up with customer
- The importance of building strong relationships
- You can be positively exposed to many people
- Getting out and meeting people
- Building expectations for customers
[50:21 - 1:01:01] Closing Segment
- Who you know or what you know.
- What you know is what sets you apart
- Katie’s Travel Bucket List
- What is the most important thing Katie would like from a loan officer?
- Knowing what that loan officer is best at
- Connect with Katie
“Even if you’re down, you´re gonna get back up and you’re gonna keep moving and you will do better.” - Katie Benza
“What makes us set us apart in our worlds is that we wanna do better, so we learn from our mistakes and you wanna do better next time.” - Katie Benza
“I’d say to new agents, Always pick up the phone, don’t be afraid to pick the phone- It’s okay to fail and follow up.” - Katie Benza
Connect with Katie through LinkedIn and Facebook. Make sure to check out Keller Williams Realty, Inc. Your trusted real estate experts in Northeast Florida!
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!