I’m really happy to welcome our today’s guests, Brit O'Donoghue and Kayla Sharp, they are highly experienced marketers. As a business development representative and Mortgage Loan Officer they both have been extremely powerful relationship...
I’m really happy to welcome our today’s guests, Brit O'Donoghue and Kayla Sharp, they are highly experienced marketers. As a business development representative and Mortgage Loan Officer they both have been extremely powerful relationship marketing specialists. Both can be seen active in their social media and in the market place building relationships everyday with their referral partners. They are really exploiting what they do at a high level, which is why this podcast will be really resourceful for you.
Let's dig into how to create relationships and nurture them!
[00:01 - 16:56] Opening Segment
- Brit shares a little bit of her background.
- Her love for people.
- Building relationships and being yourself.
- Being credible and having a good character.
- Lanemark Title.
- Kayla shares a little bit of her story.
- Network marketing background.
- Being authentic and personable.
- Her passion for people.
- Putting yourself in uncomfortable positions.
[16:57 - 31:39] Keep it simple: Leverage the simple things around you
- Leverage your business relationships.
- Create meetings with agents.
- Use social media for your job and personal life.
- Cultivate the relationship to see if it goes to the next level.
- Having a little background of people before meeting them.
- The role of social media in building relationships.
- A platform to educate people.
- Letting people know what you do.
- Make people feel comfortable.
- Brits’ insights about social media.
- Build a network.
- The best way to find information about people.
- See things that people are interested in.
- Kayla’s perception of social media.
- Touching people in different ways.
- Being compassionate.
[31:40 - 49:40] Relationship Marketing
- The first step to building a relationship.
- Believe in yourself.
- Use the opportunities to meet real estate agents.
- Brit shares her first steps to meet people.
- Interact and have fun.
- Find what customers' needs are.
- Establish relationships inside and outside your company.
- Kayla’s mindset in the first touch opportunity.
- Put yourself out of your comfort zone, and focus on getting to know people.
- Avoid talking about loans, company, etc.
- Utilize your resources to make a comfortable conversation.
- How to follow up with people after the first meeting.
- Brit: Reach out to them professionally. E.g. Email
- Kayla: Having a coffee and taking notes.
- Being delicate at the beginning.
[49:41 - 1:11:00] The Communication Style: What Do You Do and What You Don’t!
- Brit’s tips about what you should talk about, and what you shouldn't talk about.
- Listening to understand needs and wants.
- Business is the underlined thing.
- Kayla’s outlook about what you should do, and what you shouldn't. Being genuine.
- Educate and guide customers in the process.
- Always answering their calls, emails, texts, etc.
- How to set the tone of the meeting.
- Be careful and don’t talk about yourself and how busy you are.
- Customer service is key.
[1:11:01 - 1:34:19] Looking at Areas That You Can Bring Value
- Make multiple touches to solidify the relationships.
- Stay consistent and being transparent
- Timing is everything.
- Make people feel special.
- Keep those long term relationships not only with buyers but also with agents.
- Send videos.
- Give something even if it’s something smaller.
- Hang out.
[1:34:20 - 1:34:00] Closing Segment
- The importance of creating a relationship.
- Brit: The key is being comfortable in your own skin and being kind.
- Kayla: How you are going to make yourself better in your business and feeling empowered.
- Connect with Brit and Kayla.
“People love you for you, and if they don’t, they are not your people. Go find your people.” - Kayla Sharp
“If you are not building that relationship on a personal level, you’re not gonna get that business.” - Kayla Sharp
“No matter who it is, I want to see them personally and professionally .” - Brit O'Donoghue
“I never left a meeting without having a next step.” - Brit O'Donoghue
Connect with Brit through LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook.
Connect with Kayla through Instagram, and Facebook.
Don’t forget to go the extra mile, know your audience and take those relationships to the next level!
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!
Check out Jet HomeLoans, LLC and get top-flight resources and first-class service in buying your house!