Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes! Today’s episode is a great demonstration of how powerful podcasting is with our guest, Terry Kelly. Terry is a 16 year veteran of the Real Estate...
Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes!
Today’s episode is a great demonstration of how powerful podcasting is with our guest, Terry Kelly. Terry is a 16 year veteran of the Real Estate Industry. His experience is priceless, and he shares it regularly with his EXP Agents. He is passionate about helping real estate professionals be the best that they can be.
Let’s dive in and learn about his keys to make it in real estate.
[00:01 - 07:44] Opening Segment
- I welcome today’s guests, Terry Kelly!
- Shout out to our sponsor, Staged to Sell!
- Terry shares his background and his career journey.
- Terry’s beginning of real estate experiences.
- Appraising and lending career.
[07:45 - 17:19] The Pivot To The Realtor Side.
- Terry talks about his pivot to the realtor side
- Terry’s first sell.
- Helping people to avoid foreclosure.
- The importance of real estate, financial and budgeting knowledge.
- The reason he jumps to EXP in 2018.
[17:20 - 32:20] Empowering Real Estate Professionals to Succeed
- The importance of having a business coach.
- The passion and responsibilities as a broker.
- Raise the level of the agent in his market area.
- It’s not what you say but how you make them feel.
- The professionalism as an agent in representing clients.
- Empowering real estate professionals to succeed.
- Terry’s coaching class with EXP
- The key to success and make it in the industry as a new agent.
[32:21 - 43:44] Education Investment
- Terry explains about the EXP brokerage.
- The mandatory part of realtor training.
- The importance of investing in knowledge and education as an agent.
- Preventing people from chasing down the shiny objects
- The power of podcasting in sharing knowledge amongst real people.
- Terry shares the challenges he faces daily.
- The shift of training within his team.
- Developing negotiation skills.
[43:45 - 48:43] Speed Round
- Is it more important who you know or what you know?
- If you had one hour to sit and talk with someone, past or present, who would that be?
- The Jumbo shrimp, or The Jaguars?
- Travel bucket list
- Connect with Terry.
- Final words
“if they had known a little bit more early on, they could have avoided it. ” - Terry Kelly.
“For newer agents, let’s use whatever is available to you now and build on it.” - Terry Kelly.
“If you take your business seriously, you have got to invest back into it.” - Terry Kelly.
You can reach out to Terry at 904-465-1880, on LinkedIn and Facebook, or check out his website at https://callterrykelly.com/.
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!