In this episode, Amanda discusses recent business moves and how they reflect her brokerage's growth. We touch on her background, what makes her tick, and incredible advice for new and developing agents. Amanda Houser began her...
In this episode, Amanda discusses recent business moves and how they reflect her brokerage's growth. We touch on her background, what makes her tick, and incredible advice for new and developing agents.
Amanda Houser began her relationship with customer service at birth by being raised with strong Southern roots and a belief in hospitality. Amanda is a self-motivated driver with an entrepreneurial spirit who started Houser Homes while being a broker support agent with United Real Estate Gallery. She is involved in her local community through both business and volunteer work and is intensely sales minded. Amanda obtained her Real Estate Instructor license in the state of Florida and looks forward to teaching the next generation of Agents & Brokers.
Dive in and take advantage of these golden nuggets of wisdom!
[00:00 - 06:09] Cut Through the Noise and Find What Fits You
- Getting the story behind the logo and name change.
- How new agents need to cut through the noise.
- Agents need to interview with many brokerages and see what value they provide.
- Find the brokerage that fits you and your goals best.
[06:10 - 13:29] United Real Estate Gallery Prospecting Model
- Amanda talks about the specialized training they give the brokerage support team.
- Invest in your strengths and the things you know you enjoy.
- Attract the neighbors to open houses through solid marketing tactics.
[13:30 - 19:08] Money-Making Tips for New Agents
- To make money as an agent, you have to be willing to invest it in yourself first.
- There are group and individual business planning sessions available for agents to attend.
- You need to see what you’re spending, not just what you’re making.
[19:09 - 28:21] A Working Mom's Journey to Becoming a Real Estate Agent
- Amanda graduated from the University of New Orleans in hospitality and tourism.
- Starting a Marriott franchise in New Orleans and working in the sales office.
- Why Amanda decided to sell her franchise and get her real estate license.
- Amanda's decision to go to United Real Estate Gallery.
- As a new agent, don’t try to know it all; just find a way to learn.
[28:22 - 46:39] How to Succeed Within Your Brokerage
- The worst thing you can do is try to guess, and now you're in a situation.
- Get out there and let people know who you are.
- Amanda discusses her personal education process.
- Get educated and invest in yourself.
- Understand the goals of your investors/buyers, not just yours.
- Educating people might turn them into customers.
- Investors are only looking at what they’ll be making.
[46:40 - 54:23] How to Leverage New Construction to Build Business
- Build relationships with the site agents and lenders.
- There is a huge demand for agents with there is new builders.
- The benefits of building your inner circle with site agents.
[54:24 - 59:09] Agents Need to Be Consistent in Order to Move the Needle
- Life is messy—you need to be time blocking and building out your calendar.
- Focus on income-producing tasks—you can reschedule, but don’t delete them.
- Being efficient during early morning hours is key for agents to be successful.
- Personalize messages to follow up and stay in contact with your clients.
[59:10 - 1:10:17] Houser Homes
- Amanda talks about her early mistakes in real estate—bigger is not always better.
- Go after your high and make money off it.
- Why United was the right fit for Amanda.
- Amanda talks about the “why” behind Houser Homes and why people should work with her.
[1:10:18 - 1:14:43] Get to Know Amanda Houser
- Amanda’s favorite thing to do in North East Florida with the family.
- Amanda talks about what she values between what to know vs. who to know.
“Take the noise out of it… You need to interview with multiple brokerages and ask them what they are providing; because, at the end of the day, you are their customer.” - Amanda Houser
“What you enjoy is going to give you benefits. Because if you don’t enjoy it, you’re not going to do it.” - Amanda Houser
"As an agent, your goals change as your life changes." - Amanda Houser
Get a hold of Amanda over on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook. Work with the number one team in exit real estate in the North East of Florida at https://www.housershomes.com/.
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!