Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes! In today’s episode, we are going to deliver another best of the best with our guest, Howard Flaschen. He is one of the most well-respected brokers in NE...
Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes!
In today’s episode, we are going to deliver another best of the best with our guest, Howard Flaschen. He is one of the most well-respected brokers in NE Florida. He runs an office of highly educated and supported agents at Round Table Realty. "People Before Property" is his motto and all of his agents fit the mold. Howard is dedicated to what he refers to as "family" when speaking of his agents at Round Table.
Let’s dive in and learn more about the people before property mindset.
[00:01 - 05:54] Opening Segment
- I welcome today’s guest, Howard Flaschen!
- Howard shares his background, his study, and his early career journey.
- How he found Round Table Realty, Inc.
- The importance of technology for brokers and agents to support their career life.
- Howard talks about how his work experience in Gordon Biersch plays a role in his mindset today.
[05:55 - 21:20] Internal Motivation and Self Driven Education
- Howard talks about how he survives the economic recession in 2006 - 2008 with Richmond American Homes.
- The downside of working in a corporate environment especially in a recession period.
- The pyramid concept and employee-employer model of the corporate environment.
- Howard talks about his leadership style and how he motivates his employees.
- The investment in employee training.
- Howard talks about where he gathers information and knowledge.
- Internal motivation and discipline.
- Self-driven education.
- The key to longevity in a real estate career.
- Recognizing the choice that you have and make the right decision.
- The power of taking action and doing something.
[21:21 - 35:04] People Before Property
- Howard talks about handling our own anxiety
- The power of being authentic and being ‘You’.
- A shift in the paradigm.
- Howard talks about the people before property mindset.
- The core value and foundation in Round Table Realty.
- Focus on taking care of people and clients.
- Howard talks about his motivation to come to Round Table Realty every day.
[35:05 - 41:34] Transaction Broker Status in Florida
- The tactics in winning offers regardless of the current market conditions.
- The significance of influx and injection of education at the beginning of your real estate career.
- Constant learning and trying.
- Default transaction broker status in Florida.
[41:35 - 46:41] Closing Segment
- Is it more important who you know or what you know?
- Working with an independent broker or teams?
- Advantages of being on a team
- The Jumbo shrimp, or The Jaguars?
- Travel bucket list
- If you had one hour to sit and talk with someone, past or present, who would that be?
- John F. Kennedy and Ty Cobb
- Connect with Howard
- Final words
“I don't believe that you can get long-term externally motivated.” - Howard Flaschen.
”If you just focus on taking care of people and your clients now you're just going to have this really long successful career.” - Howard Flaschen.
“You can get lucky or think that you are the best real estate agent in the world, but for the longevity in this career, it’s constant education and constant self-motivation.” - Howard Flaschen.
You can reach out to Howard on Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin. or check out the Round Table Realty website at https://www.roundtablerealty.com and Facebook or Instagram.
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!