The problem with credit is that there is so much information out there that everything becomes white noise. Today I welcome Matt Carpenter, one of the top leading young professionals in the credit consulting and repair space. He is the founder of Peak...
The problem with credit is that there is so much information out there that everything becomes white noise. Today I welcome Matt Carpenter, one of the top leading young professionals in the credit consulting and repair space. He is the founder of Peak Credit Course and Hummingbird Growth and Automatisation. He has built a name for himself in this competitive industry due to his speed of turnaround, high-quality work and efficiency, and superb client relationships.
Let’s dive in, and learn more about the credit industry, and leverage your credit.
[00:01 - 06:30] Opening Segment
- I welcome today’s guest, Matt Carpenter.
- Matt shares his background and career journey.
- How he got into the credit industry.
[06:31 - 16:40] Financial and Credit Education
- What’s separates Peak Credit from the majority of the companies out there.
- Matt’s opinion on bringing financial education to high schools.
- The most misunderstanding of credit.
- Understanding credit score.
[16:41 - 30:35] The Different Models of Credits
- The different models of credits.
- Credit Karma
- Consumers confidence model
- Hard pull
- Key tip about the mortgage industry.
- Drastic score change.
- How long does it take to heal back from a credit pull?
- Number one asks real estate agent question on credit.
- Paying the full balance or leave a small balance on your credit card.
[30:36 - 46:19] Perfect Credit Situation
- The perfect credit situation and secured credit card
- The sales atmosphere.
- Department store card.
- The length of credit history.
- What to do with the excess card.
- Time frame and the likelihood of using the card.
- Don’t close a card with good score history.
- The effect of the late date on your scorcardsisturbing the hive.
[46:20 - 01:00:59] Ways to Remove Credit Collection
- The most misunderstanding about credit collection.
- The strategy to remove credit collection.
- Use leverage to remove the collection.
- How hard it is actually to remove credit collection
- The steps to remove the medical collection.
- The approach to the collection agency
- Financial advancement.
- Make sure you have a monitoring service.
[01:01:00 - 01:08:32] Speed Round
- Is it more important of who you know or what you know?
- Who you know.
- Who you know can affect more circumstances
- Sales or operations?
- Franchise or your mom and pop creation from scratch?
- Mom and Pop creation from scratch
- Travel bucket list
- (Leveraging credit to get free flights or hotels room)
- The Maldives.
- Beach or Mountain?
- Connect with Matt!
- Final words
“but at the end of the day, do not expect to have that credit score in that calculation to ease you into a lending opportunity.” - Matt Carpenter.
“Your money is your leverage; once you pay that, you have lost your leverage.” - Matt Carpenter.
“With real estate, there is plenty chance to invest and make money to fit your lifestyle.” - Matt Carpenter.
You can reach out to Matt on Instagram and LinkedIn.
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!