#shorts Most Important Step in New Agent Education Home buyers Misunderstanding
Homebuyers Must Understand
How An Assistant Can Catapult Your Real Estate Career
Best Tip For New Real Estate Agents On this week’s episode of the Real Estate Excellence podcast, host Tracy Hayes is joined by Jordan Feria and Lindsay O’Steen, a dynamic duo from Keller Williams Atlantic Partners. They share their story of how they met, joined forces, and grew into a successful real estate team.
Jordan and Lindsay discuss their journey in the real estate industry, including their dedication to hard work and customer service, overcoming the fear of being on video and embracing it as a way to reach potential clients, and the psychological battle that comes with being an agent. They also share details of their recent move to Keller Williams Atlantic Partners and their plans for growing their team in the future.
[00:00 - 06:26] Jordan Feria and Lindsay O’Steen Teach You How to Improve Your Real Estate Business
• Jordan Feria and Lindsay O’Steen of the fairy team of Keller Williams Atlantic Partners.
• They built Orange Park, Florida's most successful real estate team, shattering records in 2022.
[06:26 - 12:58] Story of Hard Work, Faith, and Overcoming Struggles
• Both Lindsay and Jordan grew up with the mindset of working hard for what they wanted.
• They bonded over their commonalities, such as bartending and being Christians.
• They have both experienced struggle in their lives, which drives them to work hard.
[12:58 - 19:44] How Jordan and Tracy Bonded Over Fitness and Faith
• Stop worrying about what people think of you and focus on helping your clients.
• Your biggest critic will be your friends and family, but keep showing up.
• Model or “shadow” someone who has been where you want to be.
[19:45 - 26:16] How Two Real Estate Agents Tag Team Difficult Clients and Situations
• Working out is an outlet for stress.
• Jordan and Lindsay lean on each other during difficult times in their real estate business.
[26:16 - 32:42] Working Hard and Taking Mental Breaks Together
• Jordan and Lindsay cover for each other when one of them is out of town.
• They are not opposed to adding to their team but want to make sure it's the right fit.
[32:42 - 39:19] The Benefits of Hiring an Assistant Before Adding Another Agent
• Being in touch and developing relationships with other agents is always good, even if you don’t work together, because you can refer each other.
• When businesses get too busy, they need extra agents and admin staff to help with the back office.
• It is recommendable to an admin before a teammate so that the admin can take care of the office work while you dedicate more time to clients and leads.
• Jordan and Lindsay both agree that having faith in the business is important when hiring an admin since you have to pay a salary even if your income isn’t always stable.
• Transaction coordinators can work by the deal or share an admin with another agent.
[39:19 - 46:00] Unique Strategies and Techniques Used by Top Agents to Stand Out
• Transaction coordinators and admin assistants have different roles.
• Admin assistants can do more than transaction coordinators, such as planning events and helping with social media.
• Agents are increasingly outsourcing tasks to virtual assistants
[46:00 - 52:47] How Listing Agents Are Setting Themselves Apart in Clay County
• Listings are gold in Clay County due to the more affordable price point.
• Taxes have increased in Clay County since the tax bill in November.
• Jordan and Lindsay set themselves apart by using social media to tell their story, do market updates, and post family pictures.
• They go the extra mile with their listings by doing things such as videos, top-of-the-line pictures, staging, decluttering, and landscaping.
[52:47 - 59:28] Strategies and Techniques to Thrive as a Woman in the Industry
• Market to certain age groups.
• Attend events, join mom's groups, and socialize with people.
• Wear shirts advertising your profession.
• Meet people everywhere you go and leave your card.
[59:28 - 01:05:36] How Lindsay and Jordan Balance Work and Family Life
• Lindsay, Jordan, and Tracy quote examples from how great real estate agents use their time off.
• Billy Wagner uses 30 minutes of alone time to let his mind catch up.
• Robert Sos has a family meeting where he takes time off being the chairman of his company’s board.
• Scheduling appointments and taking time for yourself is important.
[01:05:36 - 01:12:09] Building Generational Wealth: Justin and Lindsay's Investments in Real Estate
• Building generational wealth for kids through investment properties.
• Taking advantage of the changing market for investing opportunities.
• Flipping two houses and buying three investment properties with renovations in the p