Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes! Today's guest is Jennifer Myrick, a young motivated real estate agent. She is showing the potential to be a top agent at Roundtable Realty here in Northeast...
Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes!
Today's guest is Jennifer Myrick, a young motivated real estate agent. She is showing the potential to be a top agent at Roundtable Realty here in Northeast Florida. In this podcast,Jen will be sharing with us her journey from horses to real estate, how her life has brought her up to this point where she made her success in her real estate career, and also some insights for new upcoming real estate agents.
Let’s dive in and learn more about her inspiring life journey and some insights for newcomers in real estate.
[00:01 - 09:45] Opening Segment
- I welcome today’s guest, Jennifer Myrick!
- Jen shares her background and how she grew up.
- Jen’s career and life journey.
[09:46 - 19:44] Horses to Real Estate
- How she got into the real estate world.
- Florida real estate institute course.
- Pursuing mentorship from friends and relatives.
- Jen shares about her first transaction.
- Jen’s biggest strength.
- Having a servant’s heart.
[19:45- 31:49] New Construction Process
- Jen shares her thoughts on new construction
- The inspections and warranty
- Jen talks about the broker she looks up to.
- Jen’s transition to Round Table Realty.
- The total flexibility in the real estate career, especially for women and mothers.
[31:50- 52:09] Creative Structuring
- Something that she would have done a little differently throughout her career
- Head to the big brokerage first.
- Jen shares some insights for new real estate agents.
- Research your brokerage, and find out what's the most important thing to you.
- The biggest challenges on day to day basis as a real estate agent
- Making sure to stick to her time blocking schedule
- Jen’s most challenging client handling experience
- Managing everyone's emotions
- What would she share with a group of new agents that never handle any deal before
- Jen talks about what waitressing has taught her in her real estate career
- The most influential person in Jen’s career.
- Why should buyers call Jen to handle the listing or selling?
- “I feel like they should call me because I have had quite a big success in a short amount of time, and I always kept going no matter what.”
- Give your clients peace of mind just by answering their call.
- Jen talks about the things he has done differently during the pandemic from a business standpoint.
- Structuring her offers creatively.
[52:10 - 58:50] Speed Round
- Is it more important who you know or what you know?
- Who you know, but also a little bit of what you know.
- The listing agent or buyer agent?
- The Jumbo shrimp, or The Jaguars?
- Travel bucket list
- Somewhere tropical and warm.
- Dream career
- Anything that could fulfill her and helping others
- Connect with Jen.
- Final words
“Success is not the key to happiness; happiness is the key to success. If you love what you're doing, you will be successful! ” - Albert Schweitzer.
“Most women get into real estate because it is flexible, so you can go do whatever you want with your kids, the school events, and many more.” - Jennifer Myrick.
“Buckle up; every transaction is different, every person is different, and tries to be a chameleon and fit their personality.” - Jennifer Myrick.
“In starting out you need anyone and everyone that can help you to go quickly.” - Jennifer Myrick.
You can reach out to Jen by phone at 904314 4339, DM her on Instagram, and Facebook or email Jen@welcomehome904.com.
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!