Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes! Today's guest is Lauren Scott. She is an up-and-coming superstar in Northeast Florida Real Estate. A Collegiate Athlete, Marathoner, and intensely competitive. She is...
Welcome back to the Real Estate Excellence podcast with your host Tracy Hayes!
Today's guest is Lauren Scott. She is an up-and-coming superstar in Northeast Florida Real Estate. A Collegiate Athlete, Marathoner, and intensely competitive. She is truly an entrepreneur at heart and understands what it takes to be successful.
She helps families find homes in the First Coast, passionately advocates to protect our ocean and coasts as a member of the First Coast Chapter of The Surfrider Foundation, and serve as a Global Relocation Specialist.
Let’s dive in and learn more about her inspiring life story and the power of not giving up.
[00:01 - 14:45] Opening Segment
- I welcome today’s guest, Lauren Scott.
- Lauren shares her background and how she grew up.
- Athletic and education journey.
- A career in broadcasting and communication.
- Lauren talks about how she got into the sales and fitness industry.
- The journey to the real estate world.
[14:46 - 29:14] Collegiate Athlete, Marathon Runner to Superstar Realtor
- Applying the athletic mentality and mindset in real estate.
- Run your own race.
- The advantage of being an athlete.
- Lauren shares about her journey in real estate.
- Lauren’s experience and her take on working in a team.
- Lauren talks about why she decided to work on her own.
- The importance of knowing yourself and your goals.
[29:15- 52:19] The Power of Not Giving Up
- Lauren talks about her biggest strength of not giving up easily.
- Gain knowledge from books and podcasts.
- Ninja Selling by Larry Kendall
- Mind over matter.
- Your first fifteen rules.
- Five minutes of prayer.
- Five minutes of worship.
- Five minutes of the word.
- The reason she chooses to live in Berkshire Hathaway.
- Lauren talks about her first deal transaction.
- The importance of presenting a good image to your clients.
- The most rewarding thing about being a realtor.
- Lauren shares some insights for new real estate agents.
- Be intuitive.
- Get to know yourself and your ‘why’.
- The pivot she makes in the last three months.
- The Surfrider Foundation.
[52:20 - 57:41] Speed Round
- Is it more important who you know or what you know?
- The listing agent or buyer agent?
- Team sport or running
- Iceman, Jumbo shrimp, or Jaguars?
- Travel bucket list
- Connect with Lauren.
- Final words
“The athletic mentality has helped me to stay on track and be humble ” - Lauren Scott.
“You can not beat someone that never gives up.” - Lauren Scott.
“It is super important to figure out what you really want and what your goals are.” - Lauren Scott.
You can reach out to Lauren on LinkedIn, Instagram, and Facebook or email to Lauren.email@example.com.
SUBSCRIBE & LEAVE A 5-STAR REVIEW as we discuss real estate excellence with the best of the best!